Halloween

I have never liked Halloween much. It is so spooky and dark. As a child was so scared. I still don't like all that dark stuff but I'm starting to appreciate the holiday a bit.

The kids didn't have school because it was "end of term" teacher prep day. We ended up staying home, cleaning up and taking it easy most of the day. It was really nice. I tried to have dinner ready before the festivities began but didn't quite get done in time so I worked in the kitchen while running back and forth to the door. I made Broccoli Cheese Soup and Pumpkin Crunch for dessert, yummy festive food!!!

We had lots of fun trick or treaters. They were all dressed up so cute. I have found that I really love greeting them all. I actually told Eric and the kids they weren't allowed to hand out candy because I wanted to see them all!!! Hee hee!!!

Here's how we celebrated:

*Eric took Mikaela, Parker and Mitzi (the dog) trick or treating.

*Zachary still didn't feel well so he stayed home. I was so sad for him. He had so many fun plans for the day!

*Tyler went to a party with kids from Rhapsody (his show choir group).

*Jared had his friend Amber come down from Brigham City. They took Tyler to his party and dropped by Mrs. Nelson's (the science teacher at the Jr. High) to say Hi. (She loves it when her students and previous students stop in to visit her.) They then came home to watch a movie while I did trick or treat duty.

*I enjoyed greeting everyone who came to the door!!!

It's time to be done with this post now. Eric is taking me out to dinner!!! Yeah!!!

1 Comment:

Sherry Warner said...

I loved passing out candy too! I dressed up as Snow White and all the little girls who came to the door were mesmerized. It was fun. I hope you had a super terrific birthday! Sure love you!