My weekend and SNOW on October 11th!!!!!!

I have had quite the weekend. It started Thursday when Eric and I went to lunch to shop for Zachary's birthday. I sent Eric back to work and continued running around, to Wal-Mart, Shopko, Scout office in Ogden, bank, Sam's Club, Baskin Robbins, etc.

Since I was going to be gone the rest of the week we decided that Zach's birthday celebration would take place on Thursday night (his birthday was officially on Friday). Eric came home early (at 5 pm) to have dinner and open gifts. We did all that while I was in the process of packing my Creative Memories stuff into the van. We had a lovely dinner of steak, baked potatoes and spaghetti squash. Zach opened his presents-- a cell phone, MP3 player (2 GB), his new Scout uniform and all the belt loops he earned while in Cub Scouts (The ward doesn't pay for these so the boys are given the cards and the parents choose whether they want to purchase them. He had a few on his belt already but needed 23 more!) Zach chose to have a Baskin Robbins Fudge Nut cake. We sang and had yummy ice cream cake. By that time all I needed was packed in the van and I took off.

Usually the first night of my retreat (Thursday night) is my prep/set up night. I give my customers the the option of being there for the extra night. I had two others there with me. The rest of the retreat started Friday morning. We had a great time. Many wonderful scrapbook pages were completed. At least two people completed the pictures they had brought with them. I was amazed at how productive everybody was. We officially ended around 5 pm but had the conference room until midnight on Saturday night. A few people chose to stay while I packed up and wrapped things up. When I was done packing up I sat down with them and ended up not leaving until after midnight. I hit the sack around 1 am this morning. I am exhausted because I didn't get much more than 6 hours of sleep each night along with being busy the whole time.

I can't believe we got SNOW! Yesterday's forecast was rain and possibly snow. Well, it rained slush most of the day. I was inside all day so when I went out to my van imagine my surprise when I found at least an inch on the van. I drove home in the snow and when we woke up this morning there was about 3 inches of snow on the ground. The kids were so excited!!! They spent most of their day outside playing in it. I am just so surprised that our first snowfall is so early in the season!!! I sure hope this isn't a sign of what is to come. It could be a very long winter.

0 Comments: