I'm BAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!

Although, I am being more consistent about posting, I haven't been able to post everyday like I would have liked. I will cut myself some slack and just do the best I can.

In the last post I promised to post pictures we had taken of the kids. We decided we needed updated pictures of the kids to go on the walls. I also decided I didn't want to worry about the hassle of school pictures because they never turn out great and there is no choice. So, these were taken instead of school pictures:
Here's Tyler in his Rhapsody Show Choir outfit.

Tyler 9th Grade - 15 years old

Zachary 5th Grade - 11 years old On the day we had this picture taken we also had a visit with the doctor. Zach was diagnosed with strep and we went straight from there to this photo appointment. This picture was the best of the bunch. (He just didn't feel like smiling. I don't blame him, but what's a mom to do????)

Mikaela 4th Grade - 9 years old

Parker 1st Grade - 7 years old



Jared is waiting to get his Senior pictures taken until after his braces come off. They should come off in February or March. These were taken this summer. He took some (expensive) acting classes with a talent agency and these are his headshots.

Remember Katrina from my last post? This is classic. I just couldn't help but giggle at this photo her Mom sent the day after we had lunch.
I couldn't help but comment that she at least matched her outfit!! Isn't she the cutest little thing!!! I can laugh because she's not my child...tee hee hee...I'm so evil!!!

Okay, since my last post I've been working on keeping busy and actually accomplishing something. Thursday was spent substituting the same class I had on Wednesday. They were great and things went so much more smoothly. (Wednesday was full of frustrations because the teacher forgot to leave me some stuff and didn't explain very well where to find things so I jumbled around a lot. That's probably why the kids were a bit restless too.)

Mikaela is in an after-school program where she works on a computer program to help improve her reading 3 days a week. (She just started last week.) Each day she came home with reports of great progress. I'm so pleased and hope she continues to progress. She went to this on Thursday and then to Activity Days. I, of course, was taxi-driver! The rest of the night is a blur at this point.

Mikeala has also been on a kick to earn some money. On Friday after school, she asked if there was anything she could do around the house because they can't work in the garden in the winter. What Mom is going to pass up a willing worker and a chance to get some things done? She started by shovelling off the driveway. I then had her go downstairs with me to put together some goodie bags for a Down's Syndrome Benefit Scrapbooking Crop one of my customers is putting on. (I was asked to donate a door prize and some goodie bag items along with info about my business). Mikaela worked so hard and was right next to me through the whole process. We even made some cute tags to include in the bag. So, here are two joys for that day. One, a child who is willing to work and do it happily. Two, a chance to help in my community, to give, to serve. (Of course, a fringe benefit is to promote my business, but I'm not expecting much will come of it.)

Eric and I went to Stake Temple Night on Friday night. It was a series of unfortunate events. Eric was already in Ogden so I drove by myself to meet him. I started off by spilling some soda on my skirt as I was on my way. I didn't have time to turn around to change so I dried it off as best I could and continued. When I got to where I wanted to get on the freeway, it was crazy blocked up so I continued on the streets to the next entrance. It seemed like it took forever. The drive up there was uneventful, but when I arrived at the temple the parking lot was FULL! I drove around and around trying to find a place to park. I finally followed a couple who was leaving so I could take their spot. I got there in enough time to get dressed and meet Eric. (Nothing like cutting it close!) Being there was nice. Our session was overflowing with people, as I'm sure the whole temple was. True to the luck I was having, I struggled lots with dressing. My hair comb fell out, I didn't get everything tied right, etc. At one point I was the last one standing. Ugh, how embarrassing!!! All in all, I enjoyed the night but had to laugh at my unfortunate luck!!! When we were done, we went to dinner at a favorite little Italian restaurant on 25th Street in Ogden, La Ferrovia. They have the BEST spinach calzones! Mmmmmm Yummm! JOY #3 for that day!! (Sorry I don't have any pictures today but, trust me, it's good!!!!)

Saturday was productive. We all worked on our chores. The kids participated more willingly because they wanted to play Xbox! (Hey, a Mom's gotta use every tool in the toolbox to get kids to work!!!) I worked extra hard on laundry and only have about 3 loads to finish tomorrow (Of course, there will be more so I can probably count on at least 5. Ugh....the never-ending battle). I am proud to say that I folded and put away as I went so progress is being made. Hopefully I can post a "JOY" in the next couple days that I've finally caught up! Now THAT would be a JOY!!!

I also took Mikaela to run errands with me. We got lots accomplished. (We even went to the mall so Mikaela could buy a couple Webkinz with her earned money!) While we were out I talked to Eric several times. On one call he asked what he should do if the carbon monoxide detector alarm is going off. I told him to call the fire department. Well, of course, the fire department is going to come out so we caused quite a stir in the neighborhood with everyone wondering what was going on. Everything turned out okay. They got a reading of 10 on their probes, which is pretty inconsequential. They originally thought the water heater was having problems so they shut it off and called the gas company to come check it out. When the gas man came he couldn't find a problem. He did find that our oven isn't igniting. (We'll have to have it repaired.)

In all the hubbub of our problem our next door neighbor came out to find out if we were okay. She also offered us two tickets to a play at the high school, "Around the World in 80 Shows" because her in-laws were not able to attend. I would much rather attend a play than a movie anyday so, of course, I said we would take them. This gave us one hour's notice. We were able to finish up with the gas man just in time to get ourselves to the play on time. Yeah! The show was great. The theater department at the high school is incredible. I just knew they would do a great job.

So, my joys for Saturday are:
#1 - Gettting lots accomplished
#2 - It is truly a joy to have the comforts of life, like heat and hot water. I was so happy I didn't have to have a cold shower this morning and, more importantly, that we are all safe!
#3 - Great neighbors who shared tickets to the play with us. I LOVE plays!!!

Today was busy. We have 9 am church. After church, I went visiting teaching, then to a YW presidency meeting. (We haven't met in a while and had lots to talk about so it was a 2 1/2 hour meeting!!!) I finally got home around 4:00 pm. Exhausting! I had a nap and then went to "Eight is Great!" for Parker, since he will be turning 8 this year. (His birthday is in December so he will actually be baptized in January next year.) He was so excited for this special program just for his class. He had his eye on the clock and reminded us constantly how much time we had before we needed to leave. When we got home I was a little mixed up time-wise so we read scriptures, said prayers and I sent the kids off to bed at 7:30 pm!!!! I realized my mistake later and was surprised no one said anything or complained! Tee Hee! (I should try that again!!!)

This was quite the post. I'm proud of you, if you've read this far!!!! If you haven't, well, you are not reading this..... I better go for now before you get bored!

0 Comments: