The last day of winter break....

Sorry I missed posting yesterday. I was busy running around all day and then fell asleep early last night. It was good too, since we now have 9 am church. It was a little weird to have the whole day left after church but it was great for a good nap!!!

My first joy for today is:
This is a picture of what Layton High School will look like when they are finished with their construction (who knows when it will be done). I am including this as a joy today because it will be a joy to send Jared there tomorrow! He is in his senior year so he has just one more semester left until graduation. We hope he will choose well and get himself off on his mission in September. He is planning to go to Seattle to sell security systems this summer. He finally got a job the other day. He is working for Vector Marketing selling Cutco knives. He had his first 4 appointments yesterday and sold to 3 out of 4 of them. He is excited. I'm thinking that kind of sales is the last thing I would want to do but he seems cut out for it.

My second joy today is:
This is a picture of Fairfield Jr. High. This is where I will joyfully send Tyler tomorrow. Tyler has had a great time playing the new XBox since Christmas. He's also been motivated to comply with our wishes so he can have as much time as possible on this new toy. It's a win/win for all involved. Tyler is a "teenage boy dancer" in the school musical "Music Man" being held in March. He will spend most of the days leading up to then attending after school practices. He also loves to stay after to hang out with the science teacher he is a teacher's assistant for. So, when school is in Tyler's social schedule takes over.

My third joy for today is:
Can you see a pattern here? This is Layton Elementary School. This is where I will find joy in sending Zachary, Mikaela and Parker tomorrow. Yeah!

Zachary is in 5th grade with Mr. Peterson. He seems to be doing well there. Tonight he is supposed to be doing the dishes. It has taken him 45 minutes to unload the dishwasher. Looks like he will be doing dishes for another day since I told him he needed to be completely done by now. It would help if he actually focused on the task and got it done. This is the story of our lives with Zach and chores. Ugh!

Mikaela is in 4th grade with Mrs. Carter. We love Mrs. Carter! Mikaela got some new clothes yesterday. She has gone from size 7 to size 12 in the last year. I've been throwing away her small clothes as I come across them and she didn't have much left. Mikaela is the fashionista and is all about the bling. If a pair of pants has a cute sparkly belt, that's what she chooses, even though the pants may not look that great. It is so funny. She did get a cute pair of silver "heels" that she wore to church today. She said she got lots of compliments.

Parker is in 1st grade with Ms. Huillet. I've already talked lots about Parker the last few days so I won't indulge you with any more.

Layton Elementary is also the place I find joy as I work as a substitute teacher there. I have two days of work scheduled for this week but I'm sure I will be there more. I can just feel it.

So...I will find joy in getting back to a normal schedule, sending the kids to school and having a break from them for a few hours. These last couple weeks have been hard. Maybe its the weather and the fact that they don't go outside much. A good thing is that I have been able to catch up on housework, laundry and such during the break. My house is in much better shape. We also got Christmas decorations taken down yesterday. I love the feeling when all the clutter is gone. I know, bah humbug!!!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

That's great that your son got a job at Vector! =) My daughter has been working for them for 2 years now and she loves it!