Snow Joys!

It snowed today and tonight. It started as a wet rain that made lots of puddles everywhere. Of course, true to my luck, I happened to be running errands while it rained. I walked out of the Smith's grocery store, where my bank is, and got soaked on the way to the car. I then went to Wal-Mart and the only available parking spot was way out in the north forty. When I was done at Wal-Mart I was soaked to the bone (and cold). Ick! I can't explain my joy when it actually started to snow! Why do I love snow? Because it doesn't leave me wet and miserable. I can usually brush it off and all's good! Yeah!!! When all was said and done we only got a couple inches but I'm sure underneath it all is ice from all the rain. So, my joy #1 for today is SNOW!

This brings me to my next joy. I absolutely love having snow outside and being inside in the warmth of my home. A plus is sitting in front of a warm fireplace. Yum!

This has nothing to do with my other joys for today but....Oh the joy of contacts! I love being able to see. Actually, my previous glasses were stepped on and broken early in the spring and I put off going to the doctor to get new ones until the beginning of December. My driver's license expired this year on my birthday (November 1st). When I went to get it renewed I failed the eye test! I was shocked! I've never had a problem with that before, even when I wore glasses. Because of this, it became important that I not put it off any longer. I had tried contacts a few years ago with not much luck. They dried out my eyes and made me feel tired all the time. I talked to the doctor about it and he told me contacts have come a long way in the last few years and encouraged me to try them again. I love them! I'm happy to be able to see and not have to fiddle with glasses, if I don't want to. (I did get a pair of glasses so I have that option when I want.)

Tonight Eric and I went to Jason & Kristi's house and played a fun game of Rail Baron. It's been so long since we've played that game. It's also been a long time since we've played games with Jason & Kristi. When Jared and Tyler were small we played frequently but our lives changed and we just didn't do it anymore. It was nice to do it again tonight.

I hate to say this but I am actually looking forward to getting back to our regular lives. I have struggled through this Christmas break, having the kids home, feeling stuck at home because they all had things they wanted to do, mostly play Xbox! I tried to take them all to a movie the other day and the older boys didn't want to go. I was shocked. They complain we never do anything fun but then won't go when I try. Ugh! I'm actually looking forward to going back to work. (I can't believe I said that!!!)

0 Comments: